TOTAL TO PAY: £600 per rider
MINIMUM TO FUNDRAISE: £1,200 per rider
Alright, rock ‘n’ rollers and cycling enthusiasts, let’s break it down!
We get it, the world’s got its share of challenges, and we’re all about making this ride as accessible as possible. So, here’s the scoop: the cost for this metal adventure is now just £600 per person. We’ve lowered the ride cost so you can get in on the action without breaking the bank.
Now, about that donation target – we’ve bumped it up by £200 to make sure we cover those ride costs and still hit our minimum charity donation goal of £1000 per person. We’re here to raise the roof and raise some funds for these amazing children’s charities!
But wait, there’s more! Thanks to our awesome pals at Live Nation, your ride costs include a Weekend Guest Ticket with Guest camping to Download Festival! That’s your golden ticket to three epic days of rock ‘n’ roll heaven!
Got questions or need more info? No problem, just reach out to Helen Curl, our Head of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org. She’s got your back.
When you sign up on Race Nation, you’ll need to throw down a £100 deposit (plus a fiver to cover admin stuff). Once our Operations Team confirms that you’re the real deal – a true metal warrior – you’ll get another invoice for the remaining balance.
Now, we get it – sometimes life’s got you headbanging to a different tune when it comes to finances. That’s why you can pay in full or break it down into a few easy-going instalments:
– £100 upfront, right off the bat (non-refundable, of course)
– £200 by January 27th, 2024
– £100 by February 27th, 2024
– £100 by March 27th, 2024
– And the final payment of £100 due on April 27th, 2024
But what’s included in this metal journey of a lifetime, you ask? Well, here’s the list:
– A Weekend Guest Ticket with Guest Camping for all three days of Download Festival – a value of over £300!
– Camping on Wednesday night (based on 4 sharing)
– Twin-share hotel for Thursday
– Bike hire
– A killer support team, including a Tour Manager, Tour Assistant, two mechanics, and three support vehicles (2 vans and 1 people carrier)
– A fully qualified Medic, so you’re in good hands for the whole of the ride
– All your meals – breakfast, lunches, dinners, and snacks during event days
– Water and soft refreshments to keep you rolling
– A well-deserved shot at the final break stop
– And, of course, a refreshing beer at the finish line!
But the best part? Knowing that you’re not just riding to Download, you’re raising money for children’s charities while you’re at it. Now that’s what we call a true rock ‘n’ roll mission!
So, who’s ready to rock, ride, and make a difference?
If you want to make your journey with HMT even more epic, we have some additional options for you…
If you’re looking to amp up your camping game for Wednesday night, we’ve got single-occupancy tents and “pods” up for grabs. But act fast, these are limited in supply. Once they’re gone, they’re gone! The extra cost will be invoiced via Classic Challenge, and we’ll need your payment pronto!
Now, if you’re after your own space for Thursday night’s pit stop, we’ve got you covered – You can snag a hotel room for just £110, and we’ll send you a separate invoice through Classic Challenge.
But what if you’re not ready to leave the rock ‘n’ roll life behind once the ride is over? You’re in luck! You can extend your stay at the Leicester Hilton for any of the Download Festival days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) for just £120 per night. We’ll invoice you separately via Classic Challenge.
So, there you have it, options to suit every metalhead. Whether you’re camping solo, taking a breather in your own room, or extending the party, we’ve got you covered!
Your initial deposit is the rock-solid foundation for your sign up to the Heavy Metal Truants 2024 ride. It’s non-refundable, but here’s the good news: if you need to bail out up to 6 weeks before the big event, we’ll do our utmost to recover as much of your payment as we can.
Now, if the road gets rocky and you have to cancel after that 6-week mark, we won’t be able to swing a refund your way…. But if we find a worthy road warrior to take your spot and they’re up for covering the full tab, your money will be back in your pocket, no questions asked.
You’ve got the option to team up with your employers, if they’re keen to contribute to the metal mayhem, to help you reach your fundraising goal! We’ll help you set it up, no sweat. We’ll fire off an invoice from The Truants Foundation for £1,800 per rider. That covers your entire ride and kicks you off with a £1,000 donation to charity – talk about a headbanging start, right?
But that’s not all, metalheads. We’re throwing the door wide open for any brands out there who want to get in on the action. This is your chance to team up with us and rock the world of charity partnerships!
Feeling curious, got questions, or just want to dive in and make a difference? Reach out to us at email@example.com, and we’ll get the conversation started. Let’s turn up the volume on raising money for kids in need – together!
Insurance is not included in your tour cost. Insurance is not required for accidents and emergencies, you will be treated by the trip paramedic or taken to the nearest medical centre. Valuables are not insured unless they are protected by your home contents policy. Please note there is no refund if you cancel your place on the ride.
Please check that your travel insurance policy provider is aware that you are doing a charity bike ride in the UK.
All non-UK riders will be asked to provide a copy of their insurance schedule detailing insurance company name, policy number and 24 hour medical helpline number. You can do this now by emailing info@heavymetaltruants. We require your insurance details by 6 weeks prior to the event.
If you have a pre-existing medical condition you need to advise your insurance company so that you are adequately covered.
If you plan to bring your own bicycle, please check you have insurance in place and bring an insurance-compliant bike lock.
- T-shirts – one per day and spares for the evening (3 cotton HMT shirts will be provided for every rider)
- Socks –one pair per day plus spares and extra for evenings
- Waterproof jacket / bicycle poncho & trousers (we’re in the UK – expect rain!)
- Cycling shorts – 1 or 2 pairs (padded)
- Cycling shoes – or suitable footwear e.g. sports sandals (which dry quickly) or trainers
- Fingerless gel padded cycling gloves – one pair
- Scarf to cover back of neck to avoid sun burn
- Cap to cover head when not wearing helmet
- Spare trainers
- Casual wear for evenings and free time
- Warmer layers for the evening
- Cycle helmet – essential
- 1 – 2 water bottles for bike, with a cover on top to prevent mud from getting into the drinking nozzle. A more hygienic alternative is a “camel pack” which is worn on the back.
- Saddle – your own saddle or a gel seat cover (optional)
- SPDs and bar ends (optional)
- Bum bag for carrying small items while cycling e.g. camera, sun cream, tissues etc.
- Small ‘day’ bag which can be used for extra items and transported on support vehicle
- 1 lightweight travel size towel
- Good quality sunglasses with UV protection
- Ear plugs (sharing with noisy room mates can prevent sleep!)
- Travel alarm clock
- Carrier bags/bin bags – useful for dirty washing or wet clothing
- Camera and memory cards
SMALL PERSONAL MEDICAL KIT
- Sufficient supplies of regular medication
- Antiseptic ointment
- Plasters & bandages
- Ankle & knee support
- Pain killers
- Diareze, Dioralyte, immodium
- Vaseline or sudacrem
- Isotonic powders (if used to taking them during training), energy sweets, cereal / energy bars
- Lip salve (minimum factor 20)
- Sun block (minimum factor 30)
- Tissues & toilet paper
- Wet wipes & anti-bacterial hand gel
- Contact lens wearers should bring glasses and / or prescription sunglasses
- Ladies are advised to take tampons regardless of timing
We’re unable to leave cars at the start but satnav to E17 6AL and drop off in front of the building.
Tottenham Hale Tube Station is an 8-minute cycle.
Blackhorse Road Overground Stations is a 2-minute cycle.
From Heathrow Airport, take the Piccadilly Line tube to Green Park and change to Victoria Line to Blackhorse Road
From Gatwick Airport an express train takes you direct to Victoria Station, then take the Victoria Line to Blackhorse Road
From Stansted Airport, take the Greater Anglia train to Tottenham Hale Station
From Luton Airport, take the Route Express bus 888 to Luton Airport Parkway Station, then take the First Capital Connect service to St Pancras International, then walk to King’s Cross St Pancras Underground Station and take the overground to Blackhorse Road Station.
Transport is subject to change, please check your route a day or two in advance on the Transport For London website (www.tfl.gov.uk)
Accommodation for the night before (not included in the tour arrangements)
Should you wish to stay close to the start at Big Penny Social:
- Holiday Inn Express London Chingford-Nth Circular, an IHG Hotel, 5 Walthamstow Ave, London E4 8ST
- Travelodge London Walthamstow, 2 Station Approach, London E17 9QF
- Park Avenue Hotel, 146 Clapton Common, London E5 9AG
- Premier Inn London Tottenham Hale Hotel, Station Rd, London N17 9LR
N.B. This list is a guideline, not a recommendation. They have not been checked by Classic Challenge. There are other hotels & B&Bs in the area.